Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hearing from Him

WOW! What an exciting week!

I went to a session on Listening to God, put on by Donna Jordan of YWAM this week, and what an impact that has made. She taught us how to quiet our spirit, ask for forgiveness (make our relationship right with Jesus) and resist the enemy (satan) and then listen to God as he speaks. It was a very exhausting day, but so refreshing!

I approached God with questions about the Women's Retreat (I am the WOW ministry lead for retreat) (Retreat is on March 19-21, 2010). I needed to know the direction that we should go for a speaker. So, I prepared my heart to hear from God. I asked Him who the retreat speaker should be this year. His response was "Beth Moore". This totally floored me, since I am aware that she doesn't do retreats, and even if she did she would be way more expensive than our budget would allow....so I asked Him, then what are we to study.....His response??? The Loving Well DVD series.

With doubts in my mind, I asked the WOW Ministry Leader for a confirmation in her spirit as well, and asked her to pray and ask God for her to reveal the speaker to her as well.

The answer we received following her prayer time was astounding! This is what she sensed God telling her:

"My purpose for the women of CrossRoads is that they will grow deeper in their knowledge of Me and My ways. I have placed on April’s heart the speaker who will steep the women in My love. Tell April to trust that she has heard My voice and she is to walk ahead in faith.."

So here we go....relieved that the decision has been made! And so very excited to see what God has in store for that weekend!! Are you going to be there?

2 comments:

  1. April, I found your blog through the WOW blog. I think that is an awesome idea. I absolutely love Beth Moore!! I was so, so blessed when WOW did Believing God. It was my third time to do that study but I was challenged again. I will be there:)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete