Friday, June 26, 2009

A Work in Progress

I am a work in progress. I have not "arrived" and sometimes I am not sure I am even on the bus to the worksite!!

I have been a Christian since I was a young girl. My walk with Jesus has had many peaks and valleys. There was a time, when I was ready to forget Christianity and walk away. But God would not let me go. Right now, I am trying to discipline my life to focus intentionally on spending time in God's presence and reading His love-letter to me. I am seeing His hand on my life, and I am trying to just trust and obey Him.

One area He asked me to work on was loving my husband. It has not always been easy, as we both have such opposite minds. But it is coming. Soon we will be empty nesters for good, and we will be spending more concentrated time together. Following God has its rewards, as I have seen in my marriage...25 years since we said, "I do", and we are still working on pleasing God with how we treat each other.

Girlfriend, if I could offer one piece of advice, it would be this..

Don't give up on God...He is always willing to meet you where you are and to help you in this journey of life! Just ask Him.


1 comment:

  1. My walk with Jesus (not the Mexican, the other guy) had its peaks and valleys, too.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete